Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Central Standard Beatles

The integration of much work from the Beatles in Atlantis series and the followup unCapitol discography into our very own standardized final faux fab discography leaves Library Industries without any fully alternate fab catalog for your occasional enjoyment. 

So, as companion to the standardized discography, here's one final set. Here the early years nearly (not quite!) duplicate the "unCapitol" catalog in song selection and sequence, though sources and some mixes (and a take) differ, leaving one of the finest collections from this entire endeavor (the greatly Help!ed second side of that album, from Atlantis) sadly orphaned; the last psych era entry owes a nod to its corresponding wonderwalled Atlantis release; while the final years take yet another twist.

A quick premise: The Beatles' first real world label in the Americas, Vee-Jay Records, doesn't go under in this reality. Instead, they secure a deal to distribute the band's albums (initially as complied and manufactured by other North American labels, and then, starting in 1965, by Vee-Jay itself), a deal limited, however, to the Central Time Zone. This of course covers a significant section of the USA, including Vee-Jay's base of operations, the great city of Chicago, as well as parts of Canada, most of Mexico, and nearly all of Central America. The rest of this world gets the band's aforementioned standardized Library Industries discography; markets observing Central Time instead are presented the following. Consequently, fans in bordering towns would often get their hands on two sets of releases.

Now here they are...


01} Twist and Shout {August, 1963}

__side one

I Saw Her Standing There 

Misery 

Anna

Chains

Boys

Ask Me Why

Love Me Do *

side two__

Please Please Me

P.S  I Love You *

Baby It's You

Do You Want To Know A Secret

A Taste Of Honey

There's A Place ‡

Twist And Shout 

all tracks stereo, except * not really stereo. ⚨remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976];
▸ Die Beatles – Please Please Me Und Andere Knüllerremix, Rarities [US, 1980]



02} With The Beatles! {late January, 1964}

__side one

She Loves You ↭

All I've Got To Do ▸

All My Loving [hi-hat intro] ␧

Don't Bother Me ["extra 'Don't'"] ▸

Little Child ▸

Till There Was You ▸

I Just Don't Understand ‡

side two__

I Want To Hold Your Hand ⁙

This Boy 

It Won't Be Long ▸

Hold Me Tight ▸

Soldier Of Love 

I Wanna Be Your Man⚨

Not A Second Time ▸

stereo except as noted.  ↭Duophonic, Twist and Shout [Canada];  ▸Meet The Beatles [Canada]Beatles' Greatest [West Germany]Live at the BBC [2013] so faux stereo: extreme EQ (+bass right channel; +treble left) & +delay left, as processed for standardized Library Industries catalog 1963 [first stereo] mix, With The Beatles Deluxe {bootleg, Purple Chick}; †Turn Me On, Dead Man {bootleg};⚨remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]



03} Vol. 3 {early June, 1964}


__side one

Roll Over Beethoven ⛣

One After 909 ⁜

Crying, Waiting, Hoping 

Thank You Girl ❁

You Really Got A Hold On Me ✇

Devil in Her Heart ✇

I'm Gonna Sit Right Down    

and Cry (Over You)

side two__

Long Tall Sally 

From Me To You ⚁

Slow Down 

Matchbox 

Please Mister Postman 

I'll Get You ࿂

Money

stereo except as noted.  ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]; ⁜Sessions {bootleg; Dr. Ebbetts, v2}; ‡Live at the BBC [2013] faux stereo: extreme EQ (+bass right; +treble left) & +delay left, for standard Library I catalog; The Beatles' Second Album; ✇With The BeatlesBeatles' Greatest [Netherlands]; ࿂fake stereo,The Beatles Beat [West Germany]



04} A Hard Day's Night {mid July, 1964}

__side one
A Hard Day's Night ▸
I Should Have Known Better 🎞
If I Fell ▸
I'm Happy Just To Dance With You ▸
And I Love Her ␧
Tell Me Why ▸
Can't Buy Me Love ▸
side two__
Any Time At All 
I Call Your Name
I'll Cry Instead *
Things We Said Today *
When I Get Home *
You Can't Do That 
I'll Be Back 
stereo except *mono.  ▸A Hard Day's Night [UK]🎞remix, Reel Music [1976]; Beatles' Greatest [West Germany]; ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]



05} Beatles '64 {early December, 1964}

__side one
No Reply ▤
I'm A Loser ▤
Baby's In Black ▤
Leave My Kitten Alone ⁙
I'll Follow The Sun ▤
Mr. Moonlight *▤
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby ⛣
side two__
Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!
Eight Days A Week ▤
Rock And Roll Music 
Honey Don't ▤
Every Little Thing▤
She's a Woman ♀
I Feel Fine [whispering intro] ⦾
all tracks stereo.  The Beatles Collection ["blue box"]; *extended fade added from Beatles '65; ⁙Beatles For Sale Deluxe {bootleg, Purple Chick};  ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]; ♀("From Liverpool") The Beatles Box (1980, Australia); ⦾A Collection of Beatles Oldies [whispering intro added]



06} Beatles VI {early August, 1965}

__side one
Help! ▸
The Night Before ⛣
Yesterday ▸
I Need You ▸
Another Girl ▸
You're Going To Lose That Girl ▸
Dizzy Miss Lizzy ⛣
side two__
Act Naturally 
You Like Me Too Much 
Bad Boy ⛣
I Don't Want To Spoil The Party ▤
Words Of Love ▤
What You're Doing ▤
Ticket To Ride 
all tracks stereo.  ▸1987 remix, Help! {The Beatles Box Set, 1988}; ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]; 
The Beatles Collection ["blue box"]



07} Rubber Soul {early December, 1965}

__side one
I've Just Seen A Face ✽
Norwegian Wood (This Bird    
Has Flown) 
You Won't See Me ✽
Think For Yourself 
The Word ⁂
Michelle ☙
side two__
It's Only Love [take 2 w/3intro] Ⓐ
Tell Me What You See 
Girl ▸
I'm Looking Through You ▷
In My Life 
Wait 
Run For Your Life
all tracks stereo.  ✽[original 1965 mix] The Capitol Albums, Volume 2 [2006]; remix, Rock Band [2009] {count-ins removed; closer has had a fadeout applied}; [original 1965 mix] {fabriqué par Disque Americ Canada}; remix, Love Songs [1977]; Anthology 2 [2011»2016 digital]; ▸1987 remix, The U.S. Albums [2014]; ▷1987 remix, The Beatles (Original Studio Recordings) [2009]



08} The Beatles Tonight {mid June, 1966}

__side one
Drive My Car 
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away 
What Goes On 
Doctor Robert ☋
Good Day Sunshine 
Yes It Is ⁘
side two__
I'm Down 
If You've Got Trouble ⁜
If I Needed Someone 
Day Tripper ⦾
We Can Work It Out ⦾
Nowhere Man 
all tracks stereo.  ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976] {this I'm Down was adopted as standard stereo mix, but with channels no longer reversed};  ▤The Beatles Collection ["blue box"];  Yesterday and Today {true stereo}; ⁘Past Masters [Ebbetts, boot]; Sessions {bootleg; Dr. Ebbetts, v2}; A Collection of Beatles Oldies



09} Revolver {early August, 1966}

__side one
Taxman 
Eleanor Rigby 
I'm Only Sleeping 
Love You To 
Here, There And Everywhere 
Yellow Submarine 
She Said She Said 
side two__
Paperback Writer 
And Your Bird Can Sing 
For No One 
Rain 
I Want To Tell You 
Got To Get You Into My Life 
Tomorrow Never Knows *
stereo except *mono.  ▤The Beatles Collection ["blue box"];  Yesterday and Today {true stereo}; A Collection of Beatles Oldies; ⁘The Beatles Again/Hey Jude; Revolver [mono matrix I]



10} Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band {late May, 1967}

__side one
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Fixing A Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
side two__
Within You, Without You
When I'm Sixty-Four
Lovely Rita
Good Morning, Good Morning
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts
    Club Band (Reprise)
A Day In The Life
stereo.  Parlophone – AUDIO-5  |  EMI Audiophile (Half Speed Mastered), Australia



11} Magical Mystery Tour (late November, 1967}

__side one
Magical Mystery Tour
The Fool On The Hill
Flying
Blue Jay Way
Your Mother Should Know
I Am The Walrus
side two__
Hello Goodbye
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane ₰
Baby You're A Rich Man
All You Need Is Love
stereo.  Magical Mystery Tour Plus Other Songs (HÖR ZU), except ₰Rarities [US] w/ piccolo trumpet end



12} Northern Songs {early April, 1968}


__side one

Microbes *▤

 Only a Northern Song ᕯ☋

All Together Now ☋

Ski-ing *▤

Lady Madonna ⁘

Party Seacombe *▤

side two__

It's All Too Much *⦾

Christmas Time (Is Here Again) ᕯ⁜

Hey Bulldog ⛣

On The Bed *▤

Across The Universe [take 2 Ⓐ

The Inner Light ֎

stereo except *mono; ᕯ fake stereo.  ▤ Wonderwall Music;  ☋Yellow Submarine; ⁘The Beatles Again/Hey Jude; ⦾Mono Masters; ⁜Sessions {bootleg; Dr. Ebbetts, v2}; ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]; ⒶAnthology 2 [2011»2016 digital]; ֎Past Masters



13} The Ballad Beatles {mid October, 1968}


__side one

Sour Milk Sea [demo]

Dear Prudence [demo]

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da [demo]

Child Of Nature [demo]

The Continuing Story              

OBungalow Bill [demo]

While My Guitar               

Gently Weeps [take 1


__side two

Martha My Dear [without brass & strings]

I'm So Tired [demo]

Blackbird [demo]

Circles [demo]

Rocky Racoon [demo]

I Will [take 29 / take 13

Julia [demo]

side three__

Mother Nature's Son [demo]

Step Inside Love / Los Paranoias 

Sexy Sadie [demo]

Junk [demo]

Long Long Long [take 44]

What's The News Mary Jane [take 1]

Honey Pie [demo]

Cry Baby Cry [demo]


side four__

Can You Take Me Back? [take 1]

Revolution 1 [take 18]

Hey Jude 

Good Night [take 10 with a 

            guitar part from take 5]



stereo.  The Beatles: 50th Anniversary Edition, except Anthology 3 [2011»2016 digital]; ⁜custom composite of two 50th Anniversary Edition tracks; The Beatles Again/Hey Jude



14} The Beat Beatles {late November, 1968}

__side one

Back in the U.S.S.R. ⛣

 Not Guilty 

Glass Onion 

Wild Honey Pie ▤

Piggies 

Don't Pass Me By *⦾

Birthday

Yer Blues 

Why Don’t We Do It in the Road? 

side two__

Everybody's Got Something

    to Hide Except Me

    and My Monkey 

Savoy Truffle 

Happiness Is A Warm Gun 

Helter Skelter ❖

Revolution 9 

Revolution 


stereo except *mono.  ⛣remix, Rock 'n' Roll Music [1976]; Anthology 3 [1996]; The Beatles Collection ["blue box"]; The Beatles; remix, Rock Band [2009] {count-in removed]



15} Get Back {late April, 1969}

__side one
Get Back [take 8 w/ rooftop take 2 coda] ⁜
I’m Ready / Save the Last Dance          
for Me / Don’t Let Me Down
Don’t Let Me Down [Glyn Johns mix]
I Me Mine [take 16] ⟠ Ⓐ
I’ve Got A Feeling [take 10]
For You Blue [take 1] Ⓐ
Two Of Us [24 Jan 1969] Ⓐ
 side two__
All Things Must Pass [rehearsals {edit}] *
Let It Be [take 10]
Dig A Pony [take 14]
The Long And Winding Road [Glyn Johns mix]
You Know My Name
    (Look Up The Number) Ⓐ
Old Brown Shoe [take 2] †
The Ballad Of John And Yoko [take 7] †
stereo except *mono.  Let It Be (Super Deluxe); 2021 [with assorted edits to between song ambiance], except ⁜custom composite pulling ending of take 2 from Get Back: The Rooftop Performance {2022}; √custom edit;  Anthology [2011»2016 digital] 3 or 2Abbey Road: 50th Anniversary (Super Deluxe) Edition [2019]
note: ⟠featured on all reissues as of early 1970, replacing rehearsal included only on 1st pressing.



16} Abbey Road {late September, 1969}

__side one
Come Together
Something
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Oh! Darling
Octopus's Garden
I Want You (She's So Heavy)






side two__
Here Comes The Sun
Because
You Never Give Me Your Money
Sun King ⟹
Mean Mr. Mustard
Her Majesty
Polythene Pam ⟹
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers ⟹
Carry That Weight ⟹
The End

stereo.  remix, Rock Band [2009] {most count-ins removed}; ⟹ indicates medley w/ next song



17} 20 (Songs 10 Years Later) {1973 solo promo sampler}

__side one
Band On The Run [underdubbed mix] ②
  Aisumasen (I'm Sorry) [raw studio mix] ①
Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) ③
Sunshine Life for Me (Sail Away Raymond) ④
Jet [underdubbed mix] ②

__side two
Bring On The Lucie (Freda Peeple) [raw studio] ①
Sue Me, Sue You Blues ③
Let Me Roll It [underdubbed mix] ②
I Know (I Know) [raw studio mix] ①
Oh My My ④
side three__
Mind Games [raw studio mix] ①
Miss O'Dell ③
Photograph ④
Tight A$ [out-take, take 6] ①
Helen Wheels ②

side four__
I'm The Greatest [ultimate mix] ①
Deep Blue ③
You And Me (Babe) ④
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five [underdubbed] ②
Meat City [ultimate mix single version] ①
stereo. ①John ; ②Paul ; ③George ; ④Ringo

No comments:

Post a Comment