Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Wanted To Say Something Pointless

I wanted to say something pointless
about absence. In that way I've been
inspired by your technical competence
in omitting the citizenry from the
evidence of their accomplishments.

I considered bothering to
concoct a cliche about assessing
One's self-image in light of accepting I've
love for one who never even liked me
when I appraised the risk of unsolicited
unwanted advice as just unacceptable.

{I was in the back of the cab with
an unwanted child
All grown up now a week or so even
older than I
( maybe this is tomorrow when it
   already happened )
The cabbie was getting an earful
The neighbors were next in line}

But instead I took a rocket
- pointless but competent and
how exquisitely rare: 
a pointless rocket -
Rather than confess to
the world

{That is 
 until now
But since you
insist well
thanks for your interest}

No comments:

Post a Comment