Saturday, June 21, 2014

Theater Review: This Is Our Youth/Steppenwolf Theatre Company

RECOMMENDED
Kieran Culkin and Michael Cera/Photo: Michael Brosilow
Kieran Culkin and Michael Cera/Photo: Michael Brosilow

Tavi Gevinson/Photo: Michael Brosilow
Tavi Gevinson/Photo: Michael Brosilow
























This is their youth, and maybe ours too. My Newcity review of Steppenwolf's Cera/Culkin/Gevinson constellation – 

"The living space created for Steppenwolf’s intimate upstairs staging of this Kenneth Lonergan play is so cozy and lived-in that while heading toward my seat I was tempted to instead plop down centerstage and put that copy of my favorite Frank Zappa bootleg on the turntable and make myself at home. Alas, like an obedient non-participant I went up to my assigned seat for this Broadway-bound revival and considered how to dissect the expected…"    

(read full review here)

No comments:

Post a Comment