Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Theater Feature: New Cabaret in Old Uptown: Kiss Kiss Crew Launches Theater With NYE Hullabaloo

  A feature for Newcity Stage:

Artist’s rendering of the Uptown Underground Grand Promenade
I am even less qualified to build a stage, rig lighting, or put up drywall than I am to put on some pasties and do burlesque. Actually I might look strangely alluring in the aforementioned nipple patches installing one of the Uptown Underground’s lovely chandeliers, but my point is when I recently toured the venue I couldn’t visualize how wonderful it will look for its nearly sold-out New Year’s Eve opening night. It was still under construction. 

Kiss Kiss Cabaret’s New Years Eve celebration last year at the Greenhouse

Luckily Kiss Kiss Cabaret’s Chris O. Biddle and Jenn A. Kincaid, the pair behind this new 7,000-square-foot theater, were there to fill in the gaps in my imagination…


( read full feature here )

No comments:

Post a Comment