Friday, August 11, 2023

best of the rest of the Stones 1: Dirty Boss

The last Rolling Stones album I actually like, and which I consider pretty much end of their essential catalog, is Undercover. The last one I think has a fair album's worth of decent or better material is the bloated Voodoo Lounge. And I think there's some alright enjoyable Stones and Mick and Keith solo stuff in between. So, playlist time.
(if ya happen to use Apple Music, you can hear this here)

Here I'm saying, hey, Dirty Work might've been better if Mick had not made She's The Boss. Perhaps the world of music would be better off too? Anyhow, trying to compile a single LP from these two not terribly listenable records, I arrived at the following. It's no Emotional Rescue, but…


Dirty Boss

Lonely At The Top  She's The Boss  1
Winning Ugly  Dirty Work  6
Back to Zero Dirty Work  7
Dirty Work  Dirty Work  8
Lucky In Love  She's The Boss  7

One Hit (To the Body)  Dirty Work  1
Too Rude  Dirty Work  5
Just Another Night  She's The Boss  6
Had It With You  Dirty Work  9
Sleep Tonight Dirty Work  10
Key to the Highway (Ian Stewart Piano Instrumental) Dirty Work  11

I like to have cover art for my fake albums, so here I stole the art by Francesco Clemente from the single for Dirty Work's best song and just removed the title

 

No comments:

Post a Comment