Thursday, August 1, 2013

All those years I go


All those years I go
on debating
whether The Long and Winding Road
is more tolerable
or more insufferable
with or without the heavy-handed overdubs.
But Phil Spector was clearly convicted of killing Lana Clarkson.

I wonder if anyone imagined when they first heard
Imagine back when I was two
that it was written & performed by a homicide victim who produced it along with his
widow and a
murderer.

Also:
Harrison sued over My Sweet Lord
later stabbed by man from Liverpool on a delusional mission from God.

I've got a feeling somewhere, right now
someone likely to kill is recording with someone likely to be killed.
It's not so rare, really. Not nearly as rare as all the talent listed above.

Anyway:
"You better get yourself together… Pretty soon you're gonna be dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment