Monday, August 12, 2013

It was a fumbling time

It was a fumbling time
in Almond Prefecture
and I found love
in the market of the ambling eye.

She looked like all the women
I've ever known
in a punk, fuck you, no one else
matters kind
of way.
But maybe it was the ambling eye
made her look like the others maybe it
was the ambling eye made it look like love
but either way it was love.

When we made love we both always
cried.

She was lost to me in a storm of
cancer and cataracts and boomerangs.

I then fumbled and sync-stumbled again,
a crippled sunbird,
back to the USA

Personality crisis ensued.
I dropped my pants on the
Tonight Show.
Wouldn't pull up my trousers til they
made me the host.

Finally, I got the job
I was born for.
The best since Jack Paar
Freed the nation from stupidity of
Leno and his appointed
successor(s)
Did it all thanks to her:
A far off dead woman in a distant
fictional land
where love exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment