Friday, January 17, 2014

I'll look up

I'll look up ahead, where there'll be light to see where are near thoroughfares. I'll encounter many foreigners. About the time of the nosebleed I could almost make out the lights. Here is our story:

Opera one night enshrinement, Asian teen pop devastations seated prominently. That's my right. To my left just the hint of more light. I'll take the hint. There it is raining, there are cafes, and a middle aged couple has a display of seahorse holographs and telegrams. (The display is in a domed garden.)
There's a crew starting a new movement fad, they seem to be planted. I call home to say I'm on a case. The office already knows.
There are allergens in the environment I am at odds with, which may betray me as an outsider. I'm medicinally prepared for this, but it impairs my maneuvering. I'm just a little off. The movement crew nab me, tell me to go cool it in one of the cafes. I request a precision nuclear strike at a particular town monument. It soon will be a shrine. My very risky move played out: that's where the crew was hiding the town power source. The local folk took care of the rest.
I stopped with the anti-allergens and the nosebleed resumed. Strange, for they seemed unrelated. And indeed they were. It was the far off opera causing the nosebleed. I was in the cheap seats and didn't even know I was in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment