Friday, February 14, 2014

Your branded greeting card reads:

I wed once
Thought it was for keeps but
it was for convenience.
My illusions were resilient but finally
I accepted she had merely been
enamored of my charms. &My winning
streak  made
me a most valuable
companion .
Once I was
off my game it was game over.
Waived for the first white boy she
came upon
in our
Quaint Shifting
Colonial
metropolis.
I stayed the same
Shade of
Green I've always
been: I'll live.

I haven't always
played alone since;
Or Even in English nor
Oddly in
Black and
White;  some
of these women have been
horrible people / some have been
wonderfully good / some have been
just
about
exactly
the sort
of
character I am.

Happy Valentine's
Night and
                                    Day.
Or I should ought to say
Eve n'
Day n'
Even
(especial lay)
those twilit moments
of dusk and
dawn
sunup and
gloaming
to which no false nor true
Holiday has yet
been
Devoted
.

No comments:

Post a Comment