Saturday, August 9, 2014

Image Break: 13 Great Jack Kirby Covers

Thirteen great Jack Kirby covers, in no particular order.
Though the first one is a contender for all time favorite, and I swiped it for
 one of my early books of poetry (which, spoiler alert, I'll be posting here soon).
Oddly, despite the timing of the big blockbuster movie release, I haven't included Groot…
{All images and characters © respective © holders & ® & ™ & etc & etc, etc, etc.}


Bullseye #5
(I could pick several Bullseye covers, but I'm limiting myself to one cover per title)

Young Romance #1

X-Men #14

New Gods #9

A "King" Kirby Portfolio

Tales of Suspense #15

Daredevil #5
(a rare instance of Kirby inked by other comics great Wally Wood)

Fantastic Four #4
(I can't get over how great is that while the others are either focused on chasing Namor or
being abducted by Namor, Ben is visibly still in shock over becoming a monster, a… Thing!)

Silver Star #2
(my roommate and I put together a giant, tiled blow-up of this one about 20 years ago…)

Avengers #4

Strange World of Your Dreams #1

Captain America #107

Fighting American #2

No comments:

Post a Comment