Friday, November 14, 2014

A Decade of Deception, in the Personal Style of the Author

A decade ago I discovered I had allied myself with a deceiver in an invidious charade of deplorable duration. To phrase this in an uncommon combo of common parlance, I had been duped longtime. Recently as I walked by a decidumb of ducks confused perhaps by the fluctuating weather and waddling at risk into the roadway (expecting what but to wade in a few drops on the pavement?) I found myself considering my own wavering veracity in the ten years since.
My own honesty, once so unimpeachable - had it slipped? Had I allowed the cynicism and degradation resulting from the terminal exposure of my favorite intimate myth to foster a slight, barely perceptible, festering infection of the once pure allegiance between myself and The Truth?!?

What follows is one lie, half truth, hyperbolic indulgence, or other questionable claim I've made per intervening year. You, reader, as always, are my judge. Pooled together, y'all can be the jury. The executioner's handiwork has long been accomplished.

01. I can't fucking believe people.
02. My appointment is running late.
03. I don't think you're crazy.
04. I'm a vegetarian.
05. I don't care.
06. I've been flossing three times a day.
07. I appreciate your efforts to restructure my reality.
08. I came.
09. (They were geese in a gaggle, not ducks as above.)
10. I'm sorry I can't think of ten lies I've told.

Sincerely and anonymously yours and yours alone,
Raymond Antoine Rehayem

No comments:

Post a Comment