Sunday, November 30, 2014

Orpheus in the Near Arctic

I sold the studio on the title with ease.
A rival executive once screamed at me that they were
pathetic, they weren't even in the movie
business any more -- they were just in the business of lawsuits.
But they dusted off the great beast when I
tweeted at the CFO: "Orpheus in the Near Arctic." She knew money
when
she read it. The great beast bellows; the great beast is
back in business.

I said I wasn't right for the part. I was too old. I'd been losing
my hair since I was17
I was just not quite lovely nor Greek enough and
I had hurt my sweet voice  
irreparably
playing my favorite
metahuman in a traveling
van
Enticement to the
Arts.

But then they cast Eurydice and I couldn't
resist. I knew of her beauty because they
cast her from my past. On location I
couldn't help but
look at her face.

Good thing we
weren't on a lot.
The temperatures captured her. She could
not vanish, fixed and frozen. We stare still
at each other enraptured and for infinity
Or until climate change or a
sequel in the tropics
shall do in our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment