Thursday, May 9, 2013

After the flood before me

After the flood before me, in the time of five hundred and fifty year lovers and new animals everyday (each day) there came into flowering a beautiful seamstress. Her hands' maneuvers flowed into garments of wonder which clothed history we have either read or has not been written. The glove between Arthur and the sword; Houdini's cape; Some glorious gown, you did not know, which became a vinegar rag to burn the throat of the messiah; Isadora Duncan's scarf; Salome's odd veils which doomed the Baptist; Every thread at the coronation of any queen; And this: she sewed this, which I have found through some miracle / through some lucky adventure of my open heart / through some unrepentant faith in a magic unknown for ages / thru seeking what can attire you better than words for the true hopefulness of unexpected winters in spring and summers that fall within reach. And here I bring it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment