Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Arty Opening

I am at an art opening . why haven't you joined me here? What sin have I committed? Was your suspicion of my indulgence in some impending generational betrayal instead an unrecognized premonition that the love of ones born so close together would become somehow taboo? But even of ones grown so close? After this fistful of popcorn I could move back to Los Angeles, but with such a view of the lake and the museum campus, and with such beautiful friends, why? Though I have such beautiful friends up and down California too. Maybe even somewhere else's too. The popcorn is clever enough; Oh, how have I become deserving of mere Pop Parmesan shards but not your Dada~Surreal love?!? How did I earn only a month in advertising? Which saint shall I pray to? Are you a martyr I shall forever enshrine or am i an agnostic mystic with misplaced affection? What god allows my velvet Elvis water damage? What devil prohibits me from flying from the eighth floor into your arms? What last supper did I miss, hungry and clutching no silver, where dessert is equal parts you, me, and divinity? Is that the hand of Judas on my thigh, or some Judy's kiss on my cheek? In the garden? With Romans everywhere waiting to strike? Put back the soldier's ear; put back my heart; put back the cum of untold millions. The human raise has been set back by our demise. The human race deserves our blissful perpetuity. The human race gets nothing but bus stops and train wrecks and missed flights instead. See you in the aftermath, us each equally to blame. See you where I hover above the Great Lakes, solo mystified. See you in the wet dreams of some punk hoodlum altar boy. See you in the new book that follows Revelations.

No comments:

Post a Comment